Windows are made to last in homes, but they do need to be updated from time to time. The usual wear and tear makes getting new windows in Frisco, TX a necessity, but window technology has also evolved over the years. This means that your current windows might be greatly outdated and might not withstand the elements as well as the new ones will.
Now picking new windows can be a bit complicated and it is so easy to get caught up in the details that you might overlook some important factors. In this scenario, you could end up with windows that aren’t as functional or useful, despite how pretty they look. For this reason, pay attention to the following tips that will help you to pick the best new windows in Frisco, TX for your home:
Placement of the Window
Windows serve a very basic function of letting in light so it is important to consider their placement properly. The size as well as the area where the new window is placed can make a major difference. Many people want large windows to allow as much sunlight in as possible. However, in certain areas such as the bedroom, getting too much sunlight might mean that your bedroom is hotter during specific times of the day. Similarly, if you have large windows in the TV lounge or more, it might make the glare of the sun annoying to deal with when you’re trying to watch TV.
When picking new windows in Frisco, TX it is a good idea to consider how the sunlight falls on your home throughout the day. Areas where sunlight isn’t as strong can benefit from larger windows that let in more sunlight. On the other hand, areas in the home where there is too much sunlight will do well with UV performance windows that minimize the negative effects of the sun with ease. Similarly, the kind of windows you have will also have to be considered. From sun roofs to sliding windows, double hung ones and more, you need to give careful thought to the design and placement.
Frame of the Window
The frame will also play a role in impacting the durability, functionality and the appeal of the new windows in Frisco, TX. When you’re looking at the frames, you will have a lot of options to pick and choose from. Before you get dazed by the colors and designs, look at the materials. The following are the materials that you can pick and choose from for your new windows in Frisco, TX:
- Wood– When it comes to insulation, wood is the favored material to pick. Unfortunately, it is impacted by moisture more and not only does one have to deal with swelling; there is a bigger possibility of rot. While they are durable and can be in good condition for years, they do not fare well in rainy and humid climates.
- Vinyl – Affordable and durable, vinyl is a practical choice, particularly when you are restricted by budget limitations. It offers excellent insulation and construction fit. On the other hand, many people do not like vinyl nor do they like the limited color options with vinyl so it isn’t popularly used.
- Fiberglass– These are the best energy efficient frames you can hope to get. They have an extremely low thermal threshold for conductivity and can be used in different climates with ease. They also don’t warp or have any problems such as the ones you experience with wood. The one down side for these frames is that they can be very expensive.
- Composite– This is a hybrid wooden frame that is crafted from wood shavings, scraps and resin. They are low maintenance and they can also be used to imitate wood patterns with ease. Due to their eco-friendly and affordable nature, they are popularly chosen as a good substitute for wooden frames.
- Wood Clad– These are crafted with a combination of metal frames that have a wooden interior. This makes them very easy to look after. Their durability is also higher because they offer the low maintenance of vinyl or aluminum with the heat insulation properties of wood.
- Aluminum – Not the best option to use in hot climates because of its low heat insulation properties, this is the best frame of choice in areas that experience a lot of humidity and coastal areas that experience higher rainfall and hurricane rains.
Picking the right frame for your new windows in Frisco is necessary to ensure that the windows are durable and last you a long time.
Selecting the Right Glass
Once you are done selecting the window frame, you can move on to picking the right glass for your new windows in Frisco. High performance glass is one that helps to minimize the negative impact of the sun light. However, you will find that most glass falls into the following categories that you can pick from:
- Single Pane Glass – Only suited for use in outbuilding and climates that face mild weather, single pane glass is usually not very energy efficient. For this reason, it is usually considered outdated and not as popularly used.
- Double Pane Glass – More commonly used than single pane, double pane glass usually has a layer of air sealed between the glasses. This helps in reducing heat loss and helps in insulation as well. Double pane glass can also be found in different insulation abilities and have coatings that can work to improve the glass.
- Triple Pane Glass– For colder, chillier climates, double pane glass might not be the best option so triple pane glass is better. While triple pane glass is said to outperform double pane glass by 2% to 3%, it is also more expensive, at times costing 10% to 15% more than double pane ones.
Another factor that makes double pane glass and triple pane glass more preferred for use in urban areas is that they also have sound proofing qualities. For this reason, they can significantly reduce the impact of noise pollution in your locality.
Contact Energy Window Solutions here.