If you are looking to replace your house windows in Rowlett, TX, you are in for a treat. Today, you can choose windows that not only look stylish but which can also make your family more comfortable while reducing your energy bills irrespective of the season!
Intrigued? Understanding the benefits of having such windows will help you make an informed decision when you are out looking for a replacement for your windows. But what exactly is an energy friendly window?
What Is An Energy Friendly Window?
Depending on the temperature outside, your home can lose or absorb heat through your house windows in Rowlett, TX. Ideally, our aim should be to get ones that can keep the interior well-insulated by reducing the heat gain/loss. So when you are shopping for windows, look for ones that have a U-factor. This number will tell you the rate of non-solar heat loss or gain that window is capable of.
A low U-factor is desirable since these windows are designed to provide the best insulation possible. Just keep in mind that the U-factor can refer to the glass only or it can refer to the entire window (including spacers and the material of the frame). This is important because some manufacturers offer windows that come with a low-E coating on the glass for better energy efficiency, butsome house windows in Rowlett, TX come with frames and spacers that don’t have a high U-factor.
Take aluminum house windows in Rowlett, TX for instance. These are known for offering poor insulation compared to the fiberglass variety that offers superior insulation. In other words, if you overlook the energy efficiency of the window at large, you may end up wasting your money on a unit that siphons more energy than it should.
Plus, some house windows in Rowlett, TX are designed to not only be energy efficient but also provide additional heat. They do that by capturing and storing the heat from the sun in the winter which makes a home toasty warm without a blasting HVAC system. These windows are filledwith a special liquid that keeps internal temperatures reasonably warm on even the chilliest of days. However, make sure you have them adjusted during the summer months, oryou will be quite uncomfortable.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows
Here are just some of the reasons why you should get energy efficient house windows in Rowlett, TX for your home:
- Reduce costs – Energy efficient house windows in Rowlett, TX are designed to aid your existing HVAC system by taking some of the load off it. They do that by retaining heat in the winter and releasing it outside during the summer. Plus, if you are lucky, you can also get tax credits if you plan on selling your home.
- Sound proofing– Energy efficient house windows in Rowlett, TX are thick enough to be sound proof which is great for homeowners who live near busy streets or in a noisy neighborhood. The thick insulation prevents noise from penetrating thus ensuring your quite time remains peaceful.
- Environmentally friendly – Energy efficient house windows in Rowlett, TX prevent HVAC systems from working overtime to cool and heat your home. This means you end up losing less energy over all and your energy system keeps working for years without breaking down.
- Reduce condensation – If you live in a humid area, chances are your house windows in Rowlett, TX get damaged quickly and/or your family members have breathing issues. You don’t have to look at ugly streaks on an energy efficient window since it is designed to keep condensation at bay. These also prevent allergens from entering your home and wreaking havoc with your health.
- Protect appliances and expensive items – Since energy efficient house windows in Rowlett, TX come with a special coating, they block harmful UV rays which can otherwise damage expensive furniture and appliances. This includes expensive rugs and carpets that can fade with time under consistent sunlight. Plus, since the windows are doing all the work, your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home cool/warm.
- Low maintenance – All of the above mentioned benefits translate to low maintenance costs. Since the windows prevent mold and harmful UV rays from penetrating, you don’t have to worry about replacing expensive appliances and furniture for a long time. Plus, since these windows are designed to prevent condensation, they won’t be marred with ugly streaks and spots which can be difficult to remove.
- Prevent allergies –Excessive moisture can promote mold growth which in turn can trigger allergies. Energy efficient windows maintain indoor temperature and prevent it from getting to the point that it attracts moisture and causes breathing concerns.
- No need for tinting –Tinting can reduce the amount of light that penetrates your home to the point that it prevents visibility. Energy efficient windows don’t require tinting to prevent harmful UV rays from entering your home and still provide enough light that you don’t need to turn on the lights in the morning.
The bottom line is that by purchasing and installing energy efficient windows, not only canyou do your bit for the environment, but you can also save a couple of bucks in the bargain. You really have nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain.
If you are on the lookout for window solutions that can help you save time, money and prevent allergies, look no further than Energy Window Solutions. The company is known for providing the best customer service and for its personnel’s commitment. With over 3 decades of experience in the industry, the company creates custom window systems for customers who have particular needs. This has made Energy Window Solutions the go-to business for not only window installations but also door installations in Rowlett, TX.
Call them for a free estimate today by dialing 972–290–1848.